Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Osterferien Update: The End

I hate having to ruin the story and jump to the end (it's like skipping to the last page of a suspense novel), but today marked both the last day of my trip and Osterferien and also the longest leg of my journey.  After about eleven total hours of traveling, I finally made it back home to Hannover from the Czech Republic.

So I wasn't able to update this past weekend, but Happy Easter just the same (or as we say in Germany "Frohe Ostern!").  Here's the awesome Easter package I got from my parents back home, and if you work for the German Zollamt, ignore the giant bottle of prescription allergy medicine in the middle.


Actually, the Zollamt didn't ignore it, they saw it and made me trek to the Hannover Hauptzollamt in the rain (to be fair they probably didn't ask for it to rain, but they also probably didn't ask for it not to rain) to open the package in front of them and explain the medicine.  Sending any form of medicine, OTC or prescription, is strictly verboten in Germany, but the younger guy helping me said he thought that I was living and studying in Germany for a year was cool, and he let me take them.  Take that, German bureaucracy!

Expect rolling backlogged updates on my Osterferien trip over the next few days--I've got material to last me through Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment