Monday, May 31, 2010

Osterferien Update Prague: A Worthwhile Stopover


Even though I had already been to Prague during my study abroad program in Lutherstadt-Wittenberg, I couldn't in good conscience pass through Prague in transit from Vienna to Plzeƈ without at least a quick layover in the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic.  It was definitely worth it.


Knowing that it was Easter Sunday, I really didn't expect anything to be going on in Prague since many European cities practically shut down during Easter weekend.  Ha!  Little did I know that I would stumble upon an awesome Easter Festival in the middle of historic Prague.  Painted eggs, sugary baked goods and Easter streamers were plentiful and Czech beer was flowing!  Even though I was only in town for about five hours, it was one of those spontaneous decisions that made the trip.  I even managed to fit in a walk across Charles Bridge to Prague Castle--one of my favorite places in Europe ever!


2 comments:

  1. After your trip are you going to list your top 25 favorite places in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already know Garden City Beach is number 1.

    ReplyDelete