Sunday, October 25, 2009

To Hold You Over...

This weekend was pretty busy for me (what with giant student parties at the university, shopping and dinner dates and all), and it's looking like this week will be pretty packed as well with a busy week at school, multiple appointments including getting my visa and two different visitors this week--I feel so popular!  I thought I would try to hold you all over with a few selected pics that I haven't posted here yet, and I promise there will be a post soon on my new apartment!


My new friend from Berlin--we have a bit of a "rocky" relationship


 

Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin--the former border between East and West Berlin



The Siegessäule (Victory Column) in Berlin



The Holocaust Memorial in Berlin--Quite Amazing



Jackie in Front of the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station)


 


Hamburg is a Giant Port City with Giant Port City Birds (they were mean!)


 
G. E. Lessing Memorial in Hamburg (famous German author)

Fun cultural fact: Today was the end of Daylight Saving Time for Germany, so for one week we are only five hours ahead of the Eastern U.S. (in contrast to the usual difference of six hours) until you guys catch up next Sunday.  In March, you guys in the U.S. will switch back over to DST a full two weeks before Europe so the time difference will be seven hours.  Crazy right?


No comments:

Post a Comment